At Liberated Specialty Foods, we want to provide processed food that can be consumed by those on special diets like Paleo, SCD™ and GAPS™. We want you to know:
- Our products do not contain most starches. Not only are we gluten and grain free, we also avoid potato, rice, artificial preservatives, artificial sweeteners, and a number of binding or leavening agents that other special diets approve. Our motto is we go “Beyond Paleo™”.
- Our Paleo branded products contain no dairy products what-so-ever. The SCD™ and GAPS™ products may include the following dairy products: approved cheeses, farmers cheese, ghee, and our own specially made yogurt. These items may contain low levels of lactose ranging from trace, almost undetectable levels to around 0.5% in our farmers cheese. As a reference, milk would contain around 5% lactose. As always, we will list all of the ingredients in each product on that product's page.
- We sweeten our food only with honey, fruit and/or vanilla extract. Not only do we avoid refined sugars, but we don’t use any complex sugars or low calorie sugar substitutes such as stevia, saccharine, aspartame, erythritol, or xylitol.
- Our products contain no unlabeled ingredients. Often, nutritional labels will contain vague ingredients such as “spices” or “natural flavors” or contain small amounts of unlabeled starches used as flow or anti-caking agents. We go out of our way to make sure that our labels are all inclusive and specific.
- In general, we believe that non-processed food is preferable to processed food. We offer specialty foods that are “processed” to be consumed occasionally, not as an everyday staple.